HEALTH AND SAFETY
Health and Safety
The Club health and safety officer is Lucy Walden (01432 507483) email@example.com. The deputy is Kim Wooden.
If anyone has any concerns about health and safety at the club please speak to Lucy or Kim or a member of the Committee. You are responsible for following any rules and guidance relating to health and safety, e.g. signing in, following Covid protocol, not leaving bags or bowls in walkways, using sanitizing products provided.
The Club's Covid Risk Assessment can be found here.
General Risk Assessments can be found here. Risk assessments.pdf
Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated at St Martins. Anyone who feels belittled, threatened or uncomfortable at any time (or witnesses such behaviour) should speak to me or Kim, or to the President or Secretary or other member of the committee. There is a line between playful banter and harassment which must be respected. Harassment of another member could occur in a number of situations, for example:
- Making comments about a person’s attire or appearance.
- Criticising another person’s playing or actions in front of other people.
- Swearing should be avoided at all times.
- Make sure jokes are in good taste.
- Sending emails with criticism of another person are likely to constitute harassment. Keep emails short and to the point and only copy in to another person if it is absolutely necessary. A face to face discussion is preferable and if the subject is contentious then bring it up with the President or Secretary or another member of the club that you trust.
If you have any concerns please speak to Lucy, Kim or a member of the Committee.
In the event of an accident when there is no first aider present call one of the following numbers:
EMERGENCY – 999 NON-EMERGENCY - 111
We currently have two first aiders at the club – Mandie Complin and Hazel Vaughan. If any member would like to become a first aider then please speak to Lucy Walden.